Monday, February 1, 2010

53 pages of worry?


First, a little comic relief from Debbie Ridpath! She's brilliant! After a weekend of slashing and editing and pouring over every last word, I sent off what I hope and pray was the most perfect, most compelling, most 'I HAVE to know MORE' or I'll die partial Manuscript imaginable yesterday night. I've been saying for months that I just don't know what I could possibly cut but this weekend proved that I can cut more. I guess when it's crunch time we do what we have to do. So this week and in the weeks to follow I'm endeavoring to not think about the partial and just get more writing done. I'm planning on sending out my first round of snail mail queries to agents that don't accept equeries. Here are my query stats according to querytracker.net. I have to admit it was super fun to put a happy face in one of those spots amongst all teh angry red ones! lol By the way- If you're a fellow author and you use querytracker.net Look me up! I'm Melony Martin. And if you don't use http://www.querytracker.net and you are thinking about querying at some point, check it out! It's an awesome tool to help you keep track of your project stats and research agents/authors. I cross reference at http://www.publishersmarketplace.com, agentquery.com and http://www.absolutewrite.com just to be safe but the tools at querytracker are great!

Well, for today, I'm off to the gym and then hopefully some work on Flash and maybe some more slashing on Hourglass since I've proven I CAN do it. That, and querying. Also, found out Friday night that there is a vampire book coming out in March called Hourglass. Not really thrilled about that. Hourglass. Vampires. COME ON!!!!

2 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

They stole your name? No way!

I can't wait to see how the partial turns out!!! Keep up updated. =)

Melony said...

yeah thanks! I'm not counting on it because really, what are the chances? But still! ;)

Work In Progress, Flash...

Work In Progress, Flash...

What I'm Reading now....

What I'm Reading now....