Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Moo here and Moo there...

Actually a chinchilla started it all...I have been writing since I was in Elementary school. I wrote books in my Elementary school in East Grand Rapids and received awards for them. I believe that was 1st grade. Throughout my life I have always enjoyed writing. I write poetry and some novels and papers..lots of things and I have loved it. It has always been my dream to become published. I thought that would be of a non-fiction or fiction novel but ideas for Children's books have been foremost on my mind for some time. I had a series in my mind last year that I worked on briefly but it just wasn't flowing. A few months ago I started forming the idea of a chinchilla who wanted to be a Broadway star. In talking with my girls and hubby the chinchilla morphed into a Hedgehog. She was given a name by myself and Paige. Then in writing the actual story she became a TV star rather than the Broadway star. So...Hannah Henrietta was born. She has made many changes over the writing process and I am still very open to any suggestions other may have regarding the storyline or even the characters. The point of this blog is for me to be able to share stresses, successes etc..regarding my books. I might never end up published but I have to pursue my dream. I doubt I will look back at my life and regret trying to reach my dreams. I don't want any what-if's when I look back. If you are reading here please offer HONEST opinions. I don't want false flattery here, I want people's honest opinions. If you like the stories PLEASE tell me so. I need positive and negative feedback...

1 comment:

molnar ramblings said...

Yes you have had a talent since elementry education in which you already are a published author! Ho!

I greatly admire your talent and support you on your way to being a star (only so I can brag that my daughter is a famous.....) Oh will you lend me some money, no strike that.

Why don't you try making everyday items come to life? and follow their journey? Or not:/ As to these stories I do not think I have the critical eye.

Keep it up, Your great Melony, spelled different because of your dork Dad!

Theres something to get revenge by, creating a character with a dork and in the end triupmhing over their dork name! Ha!

Work In Progress, Flash...

Work In Progress, Flash...

What I'm Reading now....

What I'm Reading now....